Natural Treatments to Reduce Grey Hair
Aging is part of our natural process, and it is important to keep this in mind. However, its early appearance is a widespread aesthetic problem that is annoying for those who suffer from it, mainly women. And here we share with you our natural treatments to reduce grey hair.
Gray hair is hair that turns gray or white due to loss of pigment. It can be seen in a specific area or all over the head. This discoloration of the hair is due, in particular, to a decrease in melanin, which defines the color.
Fortunately, natural remedies can cover gray hair to prevent us from showing our age prematurely.
The components of onion help many hair treatments because of the presence of antifungals that reduce dandruff and remove dead cells, thus optimizing oxygenation to the hair roots. Onions prevent premature graying because of the vitamins they contain.
- Extract the juice from an onion and rub it all over the scalp and hair.
- Cover your head with a shower cap and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with your usual shampoo and repeat three times a week.
The purple onion skin is boiled and applied to dry, washed hair the first time and then applied daily to dry hair until the desired reddish or coppery sheen is achieved.
Although avocado does not have the properties to cover gray hair, its regular use is a natural and effective way to reduce its premature appearance. This is due to its high content of fatty acids, vitamin E, and minerals that reinvigorate the hair after being absorbed.
- Mash the flesh of a ripe avocado and rub it all over the hair and scalp.
- Cover the head with a shower cap and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with your regular shampoo and repeat at least twice a week.
Avocado oil is ideal for dry hair. In case of greasy hair, you should not use this treatment because it stimulates the sebaceous glands.
Is one of the most popular herbs for the treatment of gray hair and premature aging of hair. Its antioxidants and essential nutrients reduce graying and, in turn, control dryness and excessive hair loss.
- Put several aloe vera leaves to boil in 2 or 3 cups of water and, once the infusion is ready, let it rest until it is fit for use.
- Filter the brew and sprinkle it all over the hair, without rinsing.
- Repeat at least three times a week.
The natural pigments that characterize black tea are useful for covering gray hair without exposing them to aggressive chemicals. This infusion has potent antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that, after being assimilated through the roots, promote growth, and bring shine to the hair.
- Prepare 2 or 3 cups of concentrated black tea, and, when it comes to a boil, add a teaspoon of sea salt.
- Wait until it cools down and, when it reaches a comfortable temperature, sprinkle it all over your hair.
- Let it work for 30 minutes and rinse.
- Repeat its use every other day.
Rosemary is perfect for fighting grey hair thanks to the acids it contains and its potent natural antioxidants. The daily application of rosemary tones up the grey hair, giving it a very natural dark color.
Prepare this infusion just like the previous ones, boil some sprigs for five minutes; once warm, filter to remove impurities, then apply it to dry and washed hair the first time, and then apply it daily to dry hair.
The chamomile infusion also gives a golden hue to your gray hair, very natural, if you apply it daily.
These natural treatments will be of great use to keep your hair healthy and young.